Stock Car Racing at the Racewall roared back into life on Saturday night with a triple of triple winners. Gordon Moodie in the formula IIs, Stuart Shevill Jnr in the Saloons and Jim Pitcaithly in the Stock Rods each won a couple of heats then the final to white wash their respective formulae. The non scoring white/yellow challenge races for the saloons proved to be exciting with a close dice in the formula IIs whilst the last few laps in the saloons were hectic with a couple of drivers failing to reappear.
However whilst they enjoyed the limelight spare a thought for saloon driver Graeme Anderson whose engine blew not long after he had started his race and to Holly Glen who only managed a lap or two with her formula II. Even worse was to befall Willie Mitchell who never made it onto the track with a saloon that was reluctant to run properly and left 16 Saloons to compete in te meeting proper without him.
- Prior to the start of the meeting the drivers were paraded to the fans with the parade lap led by the 1983 saloon World Champion in the Jock Robertson replica MG Magnette saloon.
- Alex Hamilton won a hard fought white/yellow challenge race fending off Gregor Turner for most of the race with Brian Hogg third
- Gordon Moodie was in scintillating for winning both the formula II heats then the final before ending up fifth in the GN
- Eck Cunningham won an exciting saloon white/yellow challenge race just getting the better of Barry Glen and Glen Heeps in a race which saw just three finishers from the 8 starters!
- Stuart Shevill Jnr won both saloon heats then a much stopped final where he led home Luke Grief and Barry Russell
- Jim Pitcaithly won all three ORCi stock rod races two from the blue grade and the final from the red grade despite a strong field of 16 cars with more drivers still to come.
- Although Ricky White won the first prostox heat it was Stephen McCready who then took over winning heat two and final
Full results and timings can be found on the mylaps website.
BriSCA F2 Stock Cars