There was plenty of action during the Cowdenbeath Racewall stock car meeting on Saturday night to keep the fans happy although maybe some of the drivers wouldn’t feel the same way.
Teri Linden got caught up in the ministox action on the turnstile bend and rolled her car stepping out unhurt. She was back out for heat two and then the final only to be sent spinning out in that! The Graeme Shevill and Danny Colliver saloon battle continued with Shevill being sent crashing into the pit bend wall then the pit gate resulting in both cars crashing out.
Formula II driver Colin Thomson arrived for his first outing of the year only to blow his engine and in doing so was collected by Dale Burt and few others who got caught out on the oil slick!
There was good turn out of cars in the stock rods where Adam Daniels and Levi Robinson were the visitors.
- Even although the Racewall was a solus formula II meeting there were no visitors from south of the border but Colin Thomson and peter Henderson were having their first outings of the season
- Their opening race was another of the white/yellow challenge races with Gregor Turner winning from Simon Cranson and Jason Blacklock.
- The opening heat was stopped after a couple of laps when Thomson, who had started at the back of the grid, blew his engine and the resultant oil slick saw a few cars sidelined. Chris Burgoyne and Gordon Moodie were the heat winners, Moodie then won the final from Burgoyne and John Hogg. Burgoyne then won the Grand National where he led home Wallace and Dennis Middler with Moodie finishing in sixth place.
- Amongst the saloon drivers in action was the National Points Champion Danny Colliver from Mordun with their first race being another of the white/yellow challenge races, Eck Cunningham coming through to win from Greg Honeyman and Willie Mitchell.
- The opening heat saw Colliver send Shevill crashing into the pit bend wall and then into the gate before both cars ended up on the centre green. Whilst all this was going on Cunningham won heat one and Luke Grief heat two Greg Honeyman won the final from Grief and Colliver to the flag with both waters and Sturrock having to retire.
- There was another good turn out of stock rods with Sandy Allen (Methil) back in action. Heat wins went to Simon Laing with Michael Bethune taking heat two. Dougie McLean won the final from Jim Pitcaithly and James Matson.
- There was a good turn out of ministox drivers with Dan Santry and Tony and Danny Elbourn up from down south whilst Charlie Boast was down from Crimond.
- The first race was the “Let the Sparks Fly” trophy which was won by Steven Burgoyne from Tony Elbourn and Euan Millar. Burgoyne then won heat 1 with Santry winning heat two.
- Amongst the visitors in the microf2s were Joelan Maynard and Tyler McClurken whilst Ryder Irvine and Lennon French were out in the hire cars. Jamie Dawson went on to win all three races.
BriSCA F2 Stock Cars