Sunday 2018

On Sunday the main race of the afternoon for the saloons was the Gordon Barclay Memorial Trophy with the format being an all in one.

Right at the start to the race Stott was sent spinning by Smith whilst Mayes was delayed. A. Mathieson led the way but was being reeled in by Strachan although before he could make his move they were joined by Irvine. However, Irvine was sent clambering up the wall a dropped down the order, the race was suspended when P. Honeyman’s car stopped. On the restart Shevill sent the leader wide as he charged through to win from Triggs and Russell.

The heats which followed saw Shevill win from L. Sampson and Watters. Shevill then made it a clean sweep when he won heat two from Triggs and L. Sampson with Watters sixth..

The stock rods were racing for the Si Laing Memorial Trophy with Mark Blackie the initial leader but he was being closed down by Paul Prentice. When Michael Bethune’s car came to rest on the back straight the race was suspended. Blackie led on the restart but then lost out to Ian Thompson Snr although he was under pressure from James Gray. With a couple of laps remaining Gray managed to get inside top take the lead before winning from Lee McGill (Glenrothes) and Cameron Doak. With James Matson (Glenrothes) sixth and ahead of Lee Buchan (Glenrothes) and Stuart Wedderburn (Leven). Stuart McKinnon then won heat two from Paul Prentice.

The 1300 saloons continued where they had left off and again treated the fans to some exciting racing although a few missed but after receiving damage last night. There opening race was their Cock of the North Trophy with Clark, who had to replace his engine overnight, going on to win from Low, Wilson, Cosans and Whyte with Hegg seventh and S. Wilson. Paterson then made up for all his problems of the previous evening when he won his first ever race where he led home Hegg and L.Wilson with Cosans fifth and ahead of Whyte and Bethune with Ellis ninth.

The final proved to be exciting with cars skidding and crashing out after someone dropped oil causing havoc. Robertson rolled his car but drove it off with Clark and Wilson fighting it out for the win. Clark went wide on the last bend and hit oil and this allowed L.Wilson to sneak through to win with Ellis in third spot ahead of Paterson and Whyte with S. Wilson seventh..

The Classic Hot Rods were back in action with their opening race being for the Doug Farrer Memorial Trophy. Jock Campbell went straight into the lead from Ryan Polley. They diced for most of the race but then Campbell lost out to Polley during the closing stages of the race to win from Marc Spence and Kenny Purdie with Keith Chesher (Dunfermline) fifth.

The next heat saw Graham McCabe lead from start to finish

The Cock of the North final was suspended after McCabe and Trevor Harris (Kinglassie) tangled. On the restart Polley led but lost out to Craig Boyd who went through to retain his title from Purdie, Polley and Chesher with McFarlane again in tenth place.

National Saloons

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
GBM 661 620 600 641 116 730 149 711 306 811
Heat 1 661 428 670 149 620 641 116 399 157 600
Heat 2 661 620 428 116 85 670 399 641 730 600

Stock Rods

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
SLM 197 363 216 932 612 24 337 351 374 257
Heat 1 41 257 337 216 932 197 363 323 612 240
Heat 2 216 41 197 83 612 363 323 240 0 0

1300 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
COTN 668 631 246 537 680 255 715 176 0 0
Heat 2 622 715 246 668 537 680 83 255 314 631
Final 246 668 314 622 680 255 176 274 642 0

Classic Hot Rods

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
DFM 236 756 17 45 162 209 0 0 0 0
Heat 2 274 236 17 45 162 26 209 58 445 84
COTN 45 17 236 162 26 247 871 756 209 84