Saturday 2019


It was what you might say “a bit wet” at the Cowdenbeath Racewall on Saturday night with at times driving rain making things a bit difficult for the drivers. Most of the spectators were huddled in the stand but there were a few diehards that braced the conditions and spent the night on the terracing.

Dave Waterhouse and Les Smart brought their Formula II cars up from England for the occasion whilst Ewan Mackie was having his first Racewall outing of the season. Justin Washer was another welcome visitor bringing his Stock Rod up from the South West.

Dennis Middler won the Formula II final whilst Stuart McKinnon won a heat as well as the final in the Stock Rods.

The 1300 Saloons were contesting their second round of the Gold Roof series and it brought twenty drivers to the track with David Rogerson, Robbie Bruce and Jock Whyte having their first outings of the season.

Missing from the Stock Rods was James Gray who broke his foot last week in his garage but Scott Galbraith was having his debut whilst John McAllister and Craig Tosh were back,

There were not too many Formula II drivers about with quite a few heading down south to contest two World Championship qualifying rounds at Birmingham then at Hednesford on Sunday.

Les Smart won the white/yellow heat where he led home Dave Waterhouse and Ewan Mackie. The opening heat went to Robbie Dawson who led home Smart and Paul Reid. Middler then won the second heat leading home Dawson and Smart.

Smart and Craig Reid diced for the lead in the final initially with Waterhouse keeping a watching brief but there was to be no stopping Middler who went through to win from

Blair Anderson and Dawson.

Daniel Scrimgeour then went on to win the Grand National as he crossed the finish line with Middler second and Dawson third.

There was a healthy amount of 1300 Saloon drivers for the second round of their Gold Roof Series and like the other formula struggled to find grip on the wet and greasy track surface.

Dougie Ford led the field away when the opening heat started but soon had Callum Sturrock in contention with Sturrock taking the lead after a few laps. Ford held on though but was to be joined by Scott Lindsell making it a three car dice for the lead. Lindsell moved inside of Ford and then closed right up onto the tail of Sturrock and whilst he had a few attempts to get ahead it wasn’t until the last lap that he did so going on to win from Sturrock and Ford.

Ford again was the early leader when heat two started but again was to lose out to Sturrock. Gary Paterson was running towards the front of the pack but was forced off line and dropped a few places as a result. Lindsell was again on the move and he began to reel in the leaders catching Ford and then Sturrock during the closing laps. Lindsell went on to make it two wins on the trot where he again led home Sturrock and Ford.

When the final started Ford was quick off his mark to take the led from Sturrock whilst Lee Wilson was spun out by Peter Low although he soon restarted. Charlie Folan was sent spinning by Aaron Hastie but after Rogerson had hit the wall there was small fire in the engine compartment which was quickly extinguished. This brought the race into suspension and when the track was clear Sturrock led the field away from Paterson and Lindsell but the latter was sent spinning on the main straight. This let Fraser Clark into second place and he soon moved into the lead before going through to win from Sturrock and Hastie.

There were 16 ORCi Stock Rods at the track but despite the conditions the drivers served up some close and fast racing.

The first heat saw newcomer Scott Galbraith lead from start to finish to win from Stuart McKinnon and David Kempton. Heat two saw McKinnon on a charge and this time he caught Galbraith before going on to win with Kempton in second and Michael Bethune in third.

When the final started the rain was heavy with Galbraith moving into the lead but McKinnon quickly moved from fourth into second before setting off after the leader. Stuart Wedderburn and Kempton were dicing for third but whilst they were doing so it allowed the others to close up. Bethune managed to get ahead of Leon Stewart, Cameron Doak and John McAllister whilst Martin Rankine was in close order.

During the closing stages of the race McKinnon took the lead whilst Wedderburn was edged wide by Kempton and ended up against the wall. In the end McKinnon made it a double success when he went through to win the Hillfoot Cleaning and Home Assist Final from Galbraith and Bethune.

Amongst those in action in the Prostocks was Banger driver Lee Kopacz.

Finlay Davidson and Kopacz fought over the lead for most of the race but lost out as Robert Hamilton sneaked through to win from Alexander Hamilton and John Mason. In heat two Ian Christie took the honours and he was ahead of R. Hamilton and Kopacz at the close.

When the final started Kopacz led from Davidson but the lead changed hands with the latter leading but only by a small margin. A. Hamilton was making progress finding the traction and began to close on the cars ahead. As the laps dwindled Hamilton moved into second and then during the closing stages got through into the lead before going on to win from Davidson and Kopacz.

BriSCA F2 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
W&Y 751 19 626 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Heat 1 854 751 17 41 236 19 850 626 0 0
Heat 2 41 854 751 17 217 236 850 19 626 0
Final 41 850 854 236 751 17 19 217 626 0
GN 236 41 854 217 19 751 0 0 0 0


Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 39 330 760 133 1 162 170 0 0 0
Heat 2 170 39 133 760 282 1 23 162 122 0
Final 330 282 133 1 760 170 122 0 0 0

Stock Rods

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 691 41 317 83 40 216 272 612 644 240
Heat 2 41 317 83 691 216 644 351 272 612 257
Final 41 691 83 216 644 612 317 240 909 257

1300 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 833 410 688 631 668 73 546 622 236 273
Heat 2 833 410 668 73 236 246 546 727 622 255
Final 668 410 73 622 833 246 255 642 153 0