Saturday 2021

It was a beautiful night at the Cowdenbeath Racewall on Saturday night with the drivers revelling in the dry conditions although there was the obligatory puddle on the entrance to the main straight.

With the Formula II Semi-Finals being run on the shale at Northampton there was a dearth of Formula IIs at the track with drivers either working or getting their cars ready for the World Championship semi-finals. Jess Ward was back to have another run at the Racewall and was heading north to Crimond for the Sunday meeting.

Paul Reid led the first heat until just after the half distance when Chris Burgoyne took over and on to win from Craig Wallace and P. Reid. When heat two started Lewis Willacy took the lead and survived an initial push from P. Reid. Willacy then proceeded to open up a gap but slowly but surely Burgoyne was slowly closing the gap. As the laps dwindled so too did the gap. On the last lap Willacy was just ahead but went into the turnstile bend to hard and glanced off the wall. That was all that Burgoyne needed and he went through to win from Wallace and Willacy.

Burgoyne failed to start the final having detected a mechanical problem with the final being led off by Willacy who again had to fend off an early challenge from P. Reid. Willacy was to ease away but this time it was Wallace who was making his way through the field. Wallace picked off those ahead until he appeared in second but just couldn't close the gap allowing Willacy to record his first Formula II final win with P. Reid third.

Wallace then won the Grand National from P. Reid and Mika Millar with Willacy coming through to finish fifth.

The first Prostock Basic race brought newcomers Amanda Devine, Kelly Cartmel and Dave Rennie to the grid. Callum Rennie brought out his new car with his father Dave using his old one.

It turned out to be an exciting first heat although Garry Roberts led the race from start to finish. Over the closing stages he was under pressure from Joanne Hilditch and Callum Rennie with the first three cars crossing the line nose to tail.

The second heat saw Dave Rennie make the better of the starts but then lost out to Alan Burden. D. Rennie was running ahead of Aidan Galloway but they were being caught by Hilditch and C. Rennie. Hilditch was clipped and spun as Burden went on to win from Kielan Ogilvie and Roberts.

When the Final started Aidan Galloway made the better of the starts but Cammy Archibald glanced off the wall and spun with D. Rennie, Burden and Cartmel all spinning on the main straight

Roberts led from C. Rennie and Hilditch but the latter was clipped resulting in both she and Ogilvie coming to rest at the end of the main straight. The race was suspended with the field lining up behind C. Rennie and on the restart Martin Joy went wide clipped the wall and retired. Jordan Dignan was now second but Nicole Russell and Roberts clashed on the main straight as the field streamed by. In the end C. Rennie took his new car to a maiden win and led home J. Dignan then Graeme Dignan.

Amongst the drivers in their Micro F2s was local driver The Micro F2s were in good form with an inform Ben McLellan going through to win from James Russell and Connor St Aubyn. Corey Mathers led the cars away when heat two got underway from Taylor Rigby and Russell. After a couple of laps Rigby was ahead but making inroads through the field was McLellan and he took the lead during the closing stages to win from Rigby and St Aubyn. Mathers led the field away when heat three started but in the end there was no stopping the flying McLellan who went through to make it a clean sweep leading home Rigby and Mia-Louise Rogers.

There was a good turn out of Unlimited Bangers including Jack Denikiewicz and Dan Steele from south of the border. There were a good assortment of cars on the track including a Daimler Limo as well as a green taxi.

There was action almost right away with Gary Dickson being sent spinning on the opening lap. Callum Campbell led but he was caught up in a three car shunt on the pit bend along with Sean McConnachie. Denikiewicz took over the lead and was running ahead of Colin Riddell. Dayle Linton was spun, restarted and was then spun again.

Campbell teeboned Phil Blowers exiting the turnstile bend with the cars sending up a plume of blue smoke as they tried to separate. In the end Denikiewicz went on to win and in doing so was seeded into the 2022 World Cup grid crossing the line ahead of Colin Riddell and Steele.

The first heat was full of action with Campbell out in front and weaving his way through it. Sean Bonnar spun Jamie Sandgate as Dale Linton hit the wall then stopped on the main straight. As he tried to get restarted the wheel was rubbing on the arch and in the end the tyre came off the wheel. We then had a spot of head on crashes after Pete McVay spun. McVay had a “go” at Steele and then Denikiewicz joined in hitting McVay on more than one occasion. Ryan Scott then joined in with the last head on between Denikiewicz and Jamie Sangster sparking a brief fire under the bonnet of Denikiewicz's car. Whilst this was going on Campbell sauntered on to win from C. Riddell and John Riddell. The second heat saw some warring between Campbell, Scott and Sangster ganging up against Steele with the latter's car ending up much shorter than it was at the start of the evening. Sean Riddell took the win ahead of C. Riddell and Campbell.

BriSCA F2 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 647 16 17 144 402 86 217 0 0 0
Heat 2 647 16 144 17 402 280 86 217 0 0
Final 144 16 17 402 217 86 0 0 0 0
GN 16 17 402 280 144 217 86 0 0 0

National Bangers

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Final 526 222 141 76 440 0 0 0 0 0
Heat 1 159 222 221 229 180 141 0 0 0 0
Heat 2 229 222 159 76 74 0 0 0 0 0

Prostock Basics

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 953 700 64 46 600 698 999 640 240 17
Heat 2 46 600 953 64 999 698 6 411 640 240
Final 64 640 240 246 999 17 764 305 0 0