Saturday 2016

It was Gordon Moodie time at the Cowdenbeath Racewall on Saturday night when he took his formula II car to two heat wins and then the final to chalk up his 400th final win. Only Billy Batten is ahead of him in final wins – he has been credited with 462 but the gap is narrowing and quickly. Moodie was racing down at Skegness on Thursday past where he won both his heats as well as the final.

Whilst Moodie dominated the formula IIs Glen Heeps proved to be the driver to catch in the saloons - something no one could do and he ended up winning all four of the races he took part in. The ministox drivers were racing for their Cowdenbeath Civic Week Cup and it developed into a hard fought affair with Steven Burgoyne going through to win Mark Somerville was sent crashing along the main straight wall by Chrissy Dearn Jnr in heat two and then repaid the compliment during the final. 

  • With the formula II British Championship being held over in Northern Ireland next week it came as no surprise that there were a few drivers posted missing. However after his spectacular rollover last week Dennis Middler was back in action.
    Moodie has a substantial lead in the National Points which he is hoping to win for the eleventh time
  • Their first race of the night was another of the white/yellow challenge series races with Holly Glen going into an immediate lead and despite the attentions of Kieran Howie held on for another win with newly upgraded Simon Cranson in third spot.  The opening heat saw Moodie take his car through the field where he went on to win from Glen and Craig Wallace. Moodie went on to repeat his win when he again dominated the second heat, this time winning from Daniel Scrimgeour and Wallace. Glen was the first to show when the final started but had Howie in close order. On lap three Scrimgeour was ahead with Adam Blacklock moving into second and running just ahead of Paul Reid. Moodie had quickly moved ahead of Robbie Dawson, Wallace and Dennis Middler as he set his sights on another win. Moodie went into second on lap11 and a couple of laps later into the lead. Cranson got ahead of P. Reid but had John Hogg on his back bumper as they diced for fourth. Moodie reeled off the remaining laps to win his 400th final and he led home yellow graders Scrimgeour and Blacklock. Scrimgeour then went on to win the Grand National where he led home Hogg and Wallace with Moodie in fifth place.
  • There was smaller than hoped for field of 2 litre saloons resulting from some late driver call offs. The opening heat was another of their white/yellow challenge series races with Ryan Muirhead and Jamie Connacher tangling on the back straight. On the re start Glen Heeps was the leader but there had been an oil spill with quite a few drivers bouncing off the wall as a result. Heeps though remained in control and he went through to win from Robin Copland and David Sturrock. In heat one Heeps was through into the lead within a couple of laps before winning from Luke Grief and Marc Honeyman. Heeps then made it a hat trick of wins when he won heat two from Grief and Kyle Irvine. It was basically a repeat during the final with Heeps building up a big lead and then going on to make it a clean sweep this time winning from Grief and Irvine.
  • The lightning rod drivers were dominated by Ormond Dearn who won all three races O. Dearn won the opening heat from Somerville and C. Dearn Jnr. O. Dearn then came out on top during heat two where he was followed home by Gordon Brown and Sean Farrell. The final ended with O. Dearn making it three in a row when he led Farrell and Brown to the chequer.
  • The ministox drivers were again in good form with some close racing and a few nudges and spins along the way. Heat one was won by Euan Millar who led home Steven Burgoyne and Gary Paterson. Burgoyne then won heat two and he was ahead of Sean Naismith and Bryan Lindsay at the flag.
    Burgoyne was soon clear not long after the final started and had built up a useful lead when Naismith’s car shed a wheel and suspend the race. Burgoyne’s lead had disappeared and when the race restarted he had Millar looking for a way through. However Burgoyne fended him off to win from Millar and Taylor Borthwick.
  • The microf2s were again in good form. Heat one saw Jamie Dawson go through to win from Ross McLaughlin and Leon Muir. McLaughlin then won heat two where he fended off Dawson and Muir. However Dawson then won heat three where he led home McLaughlin and Hannah Borthwick.


BriSCA F2 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
W&Y 321 679 317 852 285 217 781 230 0 0
Heat 1 7 321 16 236 92 854 41 652 852 17
Heat 2 7 236 16 92 854 41 652 321 852 679
Final 7 236 852 317 92 652 854 41 17 321
GN 236 92 16 317 7 679 41 321 652 17

Lightning Rods

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 877 907 878 832 80 8 0 0 0 0
Heat 2 877 832 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Final 877 8 832 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

National Saloons

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
W&Y 77 241 211 602 0 0 0 0 0 0
Heat 1 77 219 107 670 671 38 602 85 0 0
Heat 2 77 219 85 670 107 671 38 602 0 0
Final 77 219 85 670 107 38 671 0 0 0


Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 629 674 122 623 172 628 642 100 607 0
Heat 2 674 100 600 122 628 607 687 642 199 172
Final 674 629 628 122 607 600 172 623 126 199