Saturday 2016

The earlier rain shower thankfully stopped prior to the start of the stock car meeting at the Cowdenbeath Racewall on Saturday night and whilst the drivers had to contend with a wet track it quickly dried and stayed fair for the remainder of the meeting.

The new grades made quite a change to the saloon drivers with Barry Glen dropping down to a yellow roof and he capitalized on the situation to win all three races.

In the formula IIs David Sinclair was back up from the North East of England looking for points as he hopes to win the Novice of the Year trophy this year. However he was in a shunt in the second heat, missed the final but was back out for the Grand National. Kieran Howie was involved in a shunt at the start of the opening heat which de-arranged his aerofoil and whilst he continued found the car a handful

The fight for the prostox points championship between Tam Melrose and Ricky White continued at full pelt with hefty contact sending White out of two of his three races.

The stock rods were back to their best with close and fast racing with Leon Stewart debuting his new car.
In the formula IIs Gordon Moodie and Chris Burgoyne were down south racing but there still was a good turn out of cars including Kyle Taylor and Sinclair.

Race one was another white/yellow challenge series race with Craig Reid going straight into the lead but chased by Taylor and Howie although the latter had a quick spin and dropped a couple of places. However Howie was on a charge and soon made up lost ground and had just moved into the lead when both Simon Cranson and Chris Davidson spun the race was suspended. Howie led the field away going on to win from Sinclair and C. Reid.

The opening heat was suspended almost right away when Pete Davidson and Howie tried to grab the same line exiting the pit bend and as a result hit the marker tyre. Howie was able to restart but his wing was now at a jaunty angle. C. Reid led the field away but it was Paul Reid who made light of the conditions and he went through to win from C. Reid and Robbie Dawson. Heat two was suspended after Sinclair was on the receiving end of a push going onto the back straight and eventually spun taking out Craig Wallace as he did so. Adam Blacklock led the field away but a lap later there was another stoppage after Stevie Forster hit the turnstile bend hard and came to rest. On the restart Dawson dived inside of Blacklock before going through to win from Dennis Middler and Garry Sime.

When the final started Taylor went straight into the lead running ahead of C. Reid with P. Reid in third. Wallace made a quick start from the back of the grid and was soon running ahead of the star drivers. Once there he began to reel the leading cars in and with five laps remaining took the lead. Taylor was under pressure from Sime over the closing laps but was still in the runners up spot when Wallace took the chequer.
Dawson was back out for the Grand National, which he won from Taylor and Forster with Wallace down in eighth place.

Amongst the saloon drivers were Derek Duff and Paul Honeyman whilst Raymond Dick was back for his second outing.

Heat one saw Ross Graham cross the line first but he was penalised handing the win to Barry Glen who led home Kyle Irvine and Graham. In heat two Glen moved into the lead just after the half distance and then led home Jamie Connacher and Ross Watters.

When the final started Connacher led the field away but Glen wasted little time in getting through into second then the lead. Once there he pulled away to record a hat trick of wins where he led home Luke Grief and Watters.

The stock rods were back minus a couple of drivers who had fallen foul of the steward after their last outing whilst Leon Stewart debuted his brand new car. Sandy Allen was having a run in the injured David Dignan car.
The opening heat was won by Michael Bethune who led home Simon Laing and Dougie McLean. Heat two saw Allen lead the race from start to finish and he was clear of James Gray and Bethune.

Stuart Wedderburn was the first to show when the final started with Allen tucked in behind and whilst they opened up an early lead as the race progressed the gap began to close. As they lapped back markers Allan and Chris Chance touched with both retiring. With the laps running out Wedderburn had Gray and James Matson in close order but despite their attentions held on to win.

Stephen McCready was a welcome visitor from Northern Ireland in the prostox whilst Rob Fawcett was back after his shunt a few weeks ago. Ricky White went on to win the opening heat from Paul Barron and John Mason. However in heat two an early shunt saw White having to retire as McCready went through to win from Barron and Scott Wilson.

Right at the start to the final White and Barron were sent crashing out of the race and then later a very sideways Callum McIvor collected the leader, McCready who had to retire. This handed the lead to Tam Melrose who went on to win from Wilson and Mason.

BriSCA F2 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
W&Y 679 590 217 321 852 317 78 203 922 0
Heat 1 17 217 854 16 41 652 852 250 480 317
Heat 2 854 41 480 250 17 321 78 203 0 0
Final 16 250 480 41 17 652 852 92 217 78
GN 854 250 652 41 17 480 92 16 217 590

National Saloons

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 38 85 671 219 507 229 73 301 0 0
Heat 2 38 602 670 219 73 507 671 301 0 0
Final 38 219 670 507 671 73 301 602 229 0


Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 146 755 760 17 53 672 121 754 0 0
Heat 2 17 755 754 55 118 0 0 0 0 0
Final 55 754 760 672 0 0 0 0 0 0

Stock Rods

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 83 794 165 351 24 644 854 612 257 323
Heat 2 20 197 83 165 612 24 476 854 323 644
Final 351 197 24 83 794 257 165 612 644 323