Saturday 2016

Although it was a bit dull, weather wise, at the Cowdenbeath Racewall there was some red hot action on the track with Jim Pitcaithly going through to add the Scottish Championship to the British he won earlier in the year.
The formula II drivers were in good form but a slight shower just as their final started caused havoc and in one incident Craig Reid hit the wall hard in the company of Robbie Dawson. However they fell out again during the Grand National as Dawson made contact out on a couple of occasions sending Reid’s car bouncing off the wall but when Reid spun he took Dawson out as well!

Banger driver John Taylor was behind the wheel of one of the Shevill saloons, having won the chance to race it in a raffle. Taylor did well but may be sticking to the bangers after all! John Fox was having a run in the Alec Cunningham car whilst Shane Davies was back up for another run before next week’s Superbowl.
Paul Barron and Graham Watt tangled heavily on the back straight in their prostox just after Barron had taken the lead.

Formula II drivers Colin Stewart, Mike Philip and Albert Smith were down from Crimond whilst Kyle Taylor had made the trip up from the North east of England.  The opening heat was won by Chris Burgoyne who led home Gordon Moodie and Robbie Dawson with Wallace in fifth place. In heat two it was Moodie who made the better of the starts and was still ahead when the race finished and he led home Burgoyne and Dawson with Wallace again in fifth place.

The rain was starting to fall when the formula II drivers appeared on the track and after a false start Brian Hogg led the cars away but the race was suspended after C. Reid came charging into the pit bend, hit the wall and then clambered up it with Dawson joining in. Both cars headed to the corner but the race was suspended to allow the drivers out of their cars. Whilst P. Reid led the cars away Forster’s car slid into the pit bend wall hard and the race was again suspended to give him assistance out of his car. Burgoyne went through to win from Moodie and P. Reid. Forster didn’t appear for the Grand National which was won by Craig Wallace from Burgoyne and P. Reid.

There was a big turn out of 2 Litre National saloons with Shane Davies back up for more practice for the Superbowl. Barry Russell brought out the ex-McCombie car whilst Greg Honeyman was back out in his own car.
The opening heat was won by Luke Grief who led home Ian McLaughlin and Graeme Shevill. In heat two Grief again won from McLaughlin taking the lead with only a couple of laps remaining with Ross Watters in third spot.
Raymond Dick led the field away when the final started but when Alan Bond’s car stopped on the back straight the race was suspended, McLaughlin was the new leader and he made a good start but now had Grief in close order. The lead soon changed hands with Grief going through to make it a hat trick of wins from McLaughlin with this time Willie Mitchell in third place.

There was a good turn out of the ORCi stock rods for their Scottish Championship and the drawn grid was certainly an eye opener pairing James Matson on pole with Jim Pitcaithly alongside whilst on the row behind was Michael Bethune, the defending champion and he had Doug McLean alongside. Matson went straight into the lead from Pitcaithly, Bethune and Mclean in close order whilst Kevin Forrester slotted into fifth. Simon Laing quickly retired with Matson having to look sharp to keep the others behind. Pitcaithly found the inside line to take the lead with Matson tucking in behind and Bethune looking for a way through. McLean lost a bit of ground but when Bethune tried to drive around Matson they touched resulting in Matson clipping the wall and Bethune spinning. The race was suspended with the field lining up behind Pitcaithly with Bethune at the rear of the field.
Pitcaithly made a good restart to the race quickly opening up a gap with Forrester and McLean dicing for second whilst Martin Rankine joined in. Pitcaithly now had a commanding lead but after his spin Bethune was making up ground and with five laps remaining was in fifth place. As the laps dwindled Bethune was closing on the cars ahead when his car slowed and he retired. Pitcaithly ran out a comfortable winner from McLean with Rankine just getting the better of Forrester for third. Forrester then won the Allcomers race from Pitcaithly and Stuart McKinnon. Their final race of the night was for the Michael Hastie Memorial trophy with Forrester leading the race from start to finish where he led home Matson and James Gray.

There was a good turn out of prostox drivers with Gordon Myers making his debut whilst Tam Melrose was using Kyle Roy’s car. Callum McIvor pipped Graham Watt on the last bend to win the opening heat with John Mason third. Melrose then won heat two from John Jackson and Mason. Jackson led the final but when there was race stoppage after Watt and Barron crashed. However Jackson’s car radiator burst and it was Jason Law who went on to win from Mason and John Crawford.

BriSCA F2 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 647 7 854 17 16 41 195 794 652 217
Heat 2 7 647 854 17 16 41 480 794 652 236
Final 647 7 17 16 794 480 192 250 321 0
GN 16 647 17 480 41 192 236 794 321 191

National Saloons

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 219 684 661 85 158 602 507 57 301 626
Heat 2 219 684 670 96 661 507 158 207 579 73
Final 219 684 96 507 661 57 670 207 73 600


Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 37 579 760 55 39 96 0 0 0 0
Heat 2 55 122 760 121 96 153 0 0 0 0
Final 96 760 121 672 122 0 0 0 0 0

Stock Rods

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
SC 91 165 644 612 197 916 41 323 257 70
AC1 916 91 41 197 644 257 323 176 24 70
AC2 916 24 197 83 794 41 644 257 70 323