Sunday 2017

An action packed afternoons racing from the Micro Banger, Van Banger and Ministox teams. 

Micro Banger Team Standings

47/152/159/752: 80pts

271/274/397/456: 42pts

158/209/226/757: 19pts

282/283/285: 18pts

210/228/233: 16pts

55/145/182/478: 15pts

215/888/999: 13pts

64/88/252/493: 12pts

96/134/180/222: 7pts

13/218/288/640: 6pts

The holiday meeting attracted quite a few banger drivers from all over Scotland and they certainly provided plenty of entertainment to the spectators at the Cowdenbeath Racewall on a murky sunny afternoon.
Ross Stewart managed to roll his micro banger during the Destruction Darby when he was intent on destroying another car but on his way to do so clipped another car and rolled in the process. Mind you he then moved into his van banger and won the Destruction Darby although he only went a few metres to do so!
Dean Sievwright and Douglas Ashell were involved in heavy shunts and required assistance out of their cars, certainly shaken but alright.

Max Walker made his ministox debut but it was Steven Burgoyne who dominated the meeting winning all four races.
The microbanger drivers were in teams of four with the first two heats split, all cars racing in the third heat as well as the final to determine which team scored the most points. Amongst those in action were James Dillon Snr and Jnr (Mayfield), Callum Campbell (Mayfield), Ian Cameron (Dalkeith). Steven Allan (Gorebridge), Ross Stewart (Bonnyrigg), Tam Melrose (Mayfield) and Dougie Kidd (Easthouses).

The opening heat saw Melrose go through to win from Jon Taylor and Dillon Snr whilst in heat two Callum Campbell went through to record a comfortable win over Ross Cumming and Mark Dalgarno. Heat three consisted of the remaining cars although quite a few who took to the track had back wheels at a crazy angle. Chris Burgoyne made his first appearance of the afternoon with his car being reluctant to run when his heat was called. Not long into the race it was suspended after Ashall was involved in a heavy shunt. Once he was out of his car it was all systems go with Burgoyne making light of those ahead to win leading home Finlay Davidson and Allan with Campbell fifth.
There was even less cars on the grid for the all important final and whilst Dalgarno led the pack away when Sievwright crashed heavily the race was suspended. Dalgarno led on the restart but was caught and had to retire. Burgoyne was on a charge from mid pack and began to make inroads through the field, getting ahead of team mate Campbell and then through to win. Campbell held on to second place with Daniel Sinclair coming through to finish third whilst Dillon Jnr was seventh.

After the points were totaled it was the team of James Dillon Snr and Jnr, Campbell and Burgoyne who were victorious. Burgoyne then won the Allcomers race from Campbell and Sinclair but in the Destruction Darby after plenty of shunts and shunts with Stewart rolling his car. The race was stopped and the result was declared to be a dead heat between Brian Youngson and Dillon Snr – the only two cars remaining running.

The van banger drivers were in good form and included in their ranks saloon driver Barry Glen and his sister and formula II driver Holly Glen. The vans were quick to get the crowd responding by using their horns with the spectators replying with their air horns. Mind you there were a few vans that still had their heaters working! There was plenty of contact during their races leaving the vans in a very sorry state. Barry Glen won the opening heat from Kevin Hutchison and Ian Christie. B. Glen’s van was wrecked at the start to heat two with Christie going on to win from H. Glen - the only two to survive. The final belonged to Holly Glen who survived the early shunts and then sent second placed Christie spinning into Hutchison’s van and out of the race! The destruction darby was over before it began with Wayne Henry taking out another van only to have Stewart wreck both within metres of the start finish line.

The ministox drivers were in good form on a track that got slippery with each race. Making his debut was Max Walker from Fraserburgh whilst David Sinclair was using the ex-Freebairn car. Steven Burgoyne won the opening heat from Bryan Lindsay and Mitch Gold. In heat two Burgoyne picked up his second win of the night when he finished ahead of Lindsay and Gold. When the final started Ryan Borthwick was first to show but by the end of the lap Cieran Adams was ahead. Gold was closing in on the leaders but after losing time after making contact with another car Burgoyne was on a charge. He closed in on Adams and with two laps remaining took the lead and on to his hat trick. Adams held on to second with Lindsay third. The Allcomers race was suspended with two laps remaining after Gary Paterson was spun and his car stopped on the pit bend. Gold had been leading but he too retired handing the lead to Burgoyne.
When the race restarted Burgoyne charged away to win from Adams and Lindsay



Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 674 600 199 128 622 601 142 604 688 682
Heat 2 674 600 199 128 622 100 604 601 142 650
Final 674 128 600 199 100 622 604 142 650 688
AC 674 128 600 650 142 688 682 0 0 0

Micro Bangers

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 55 274 152 215 999 478 0 0 0 0
Heat 2 159 285 271 134 0 0 0 0 0 0
Heat 3 47 282 456 271 159 209 0 0 0 0
Final 47 159 233 226 493 397 752 640 0 0
AC 47 159 233 226 0 0 0 0 0 0
DD 152 226 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Van Bangers

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 38 171 170 321 83 0 0 0 0 0
Heat 2 170 321 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Final 321 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
DD 182 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0