Saturday 2017

The stock cars returned to the Cowdenbeath Racewall on Saturday night and whilst it didn’t rain during the meeting the drivers had to contend with a wet and greasy track. Just out of the ministox Euan Millar dominated the formula II racing winning four out of the five races he contested. Craig Wallace and Stevie Forster debuted their brand new chassis whilst Robbie Dawson was using the ex-Adcroft RCE chassis. Newcomers Mark Somerville and Chris Chance had good first outings but Holly Glen crashed out heavily after her throttle jammed open.

Greg Honeyman missed out on a hat trick of saloon wins when he upset the steward at the start to the final and was dropped to third spot. Grant McGowan won two of the 1300saloon races whilst Fraser Anderson won the other.
The Rookie Bangers were in good form and there was plenty of contact with the cars of Douglas Ashell and Dayle Ashell wrecked and had to be towed from the track.

Amongst the formula II drivers in action were Chris Chance, John Broatch and Richie Brunton from the North East of England whilst the local drivers were The first formula II race was one of the white/yellow challenge races with Euan Millar going through for an easy win over Ryan Farquhar and Chris Davidson. Heat one saw Millar go straight into lead at the start of the race and was never in any danger of being caught. In the end he crossed the finish line clear of Chris Burgoyne and Robbie Dawson. Millar, by deint of winning his heat had to start the remaining races from the back of his grade and it took him a few laps before taking the lead and quickly easing away from the pack. Burgoyne made light of getting through the field into second but just couldn’t close the gap and he ended crossing the line in second with Dawson again third.

Chris Davidson led the field away when the final started but within a couple of laps Millar was leading the field. However when Farquhar was clipped and spun he was collected by Pete Davidson and John Hogg. The field had now lined up behind Millar who made a good restart but within a couple of laps had Burgoyne, Dawson and Forster closing. The gap between the leading cars dwindled with Burgoyne squeezing past Millar on the penultimate lap who now had Dawson to contend with. In the end Burgoyne held on to win from Millar and Dawson.
Millar then went on to win the Grand National where he led home Forster and Broatch with Burgoyne in tenth place.

Amongst the 2 litre National saloons were new faces Callum McIvor and Tam Rutherford Jnr whilst James Strath debuted his new Grief built car. Duncan Welsh was back in the saloons after an absence of a few years. Local drivers in action were Heat one saw Barry Glen go through for a narrow win over Graeme Shevill and Ross Watters. It looked as if Glen was in with a chance of winning heat two but he was then sent wide and retired. Greg Honeyman moved into an early lead before winning from Watters and Ian McLaughlin.

McIvor led initially when the final started but lost out early on to G. Honeyman with Derek Duff and Glen running in close order. McIvor spun as Glen was sent wide with Watters making inroads through the pack to appear in second. Duff was under pressure from Shevill and McLaughlin but lost out during the closing stages after being sent wide. Although G. Honeyman was first home he was penalised by the steward handing the win to Watters with Shevill second and the penalised G. Honeyman third. G. Honeyman was back out for the Allcomers race and promptly went on to win from Shevill and Watters.

There were a few 1300saloon drivers missing but they still were entertaining with Fraser Clark the only new face in action. Grant McGowan got the proceedings under way as he went through to win heat one from Clark and Fraser Anderson. It was Anderson who made light of the field in heat two and he scored an easy win over Clark and Derek Campbell. McGowan got the better of the exchanges to go on to pick up his second win of the night when he won the final from Campbell and Clark.

There was a good turn out of Rookie Bangers and they were not afraid to make contact resulting in a few wrecked cars and plenty of spins and shunts. Local drivers in action were Ross Stewart ran away with the opening heat winning from Finlay Davidson and Sean McConnachie. Heat two ended with Davidson coming out on top from Scott Paterson and McConnachie. At the start to the final McConnachie, Davidson and Josh Heeps were in a shunt entering the main straight but there were quite a few cars wrecked including those of the Ashell brothers. In the end Paterson went on to win from Marc Dalgarno and Stevie Allan.

BriSCA F2 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
W&Y 629 419 230 354 922 709 203 56 0 0
Heat 1 629 647 854 64 16 230 852 92 354 652
Heat 2 629 647 854 852 16 652 419 722 92 64
Final 647 629 854 652 852 64 722 17 16 92
GN 629 652 722 92 852 854 17 64 16 647

National Saloons

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 38 661 670 684 37 85 625 207 626 50
Heat 2 207 670 684 107 661 626 85 616 37 0
Final 670 661 207 684 107 85 626 50 616 0
AC 207 661 670 684 37 0 0 0 0 0

1300 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 211 668 661 400 73 537 66 686 0 0
Heat 2 661 668 686 211 73 66 537 47 157 0
Final 211 686 668 661 73 400 66 537 41 0

Rookie Bangers

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 182 282 180 230 456 999 0 0 0 0
Heat 2 282 230 180 271 456 182 999 0 0 0
Final 230 271 456 0 0 0 0 0 0 0