Saturday 2017

The stock car drivers revelled on a dry and fast track at the Cowdenbeath Racewall on Saturday night although by the close of the meeting it was getting decidedly chilly. There was plenty of action in the Rookie banger destruction derby when two cars exited the race in flames. The first fire was a relatively small one but when Mark Dalgarno was in a head on shunt in his car his car erupted in flames and he quickly scrambled out of his car. The fire was quickly extinguished.

In the formula IIs when Gordon Moodie rode over the back wheel of Chris Burgoyne’s car both locked up and headed towards the wall where they came to rest.
Barry Glen and Marc Honeyman clashed in the opening saloon heat and spun and whilst Glen was back out Honeyman loaded up. Steven Burgoyne’s amazing run of wins in the ministox came to a halt when Mika Millar went through to win the opening heat.

There was a shunt in the microf2s final when a couple of cars spun on the pit bend and few in close order ploughed into them. Luckily all escaped unhurt but were giving their cars the once over to see what damaged they had sustained.

In the formula IIs Adam Blacklock appeared in the Cranston car and for a few of the drivers it was to be their last race in their present grade with the changes due to take place on the first of the month. When the opening heat got underway it was Craig Reid who was the initial leader but he soon lost out to Euan Millar. Burgoyne and Moodie swapped places a couple of times before Burgoyne caught and passed Millar. Once ahead he went through to win from Moodie and Millar. Robbie Dawson was an early casualty when heat two when he bounced over the wheel of Stevie Forster whilst Chris Davidson led the cars away. However Millar was soon through into the lead from Kieran Howie but they were being caught by Burgoyne who had Moodie in close order. It wasn’t until the closing stages of the race that Burgoyne moved ahead to win from Moodie who relegated Millar to third a lap prior to the finish of the race.

The final had an explosive start to it with Moodie seemingly riding over the back wheel of Burgoyne’s car resulting in the latter spinning with both cars heading to the wall and suspending the race. On the restart Davidson led with Millar in second but under pressure from Howie. Davidson was caught and relegated down the order but Millar was slowly edging away from Howie whilst Blacklock appeared in third. Liam Rennie was running ahead of Craig Wallace and they soon caught up with Howie and Blacklock. Millar was now clear but Wallace was making up places and appeared in second on the penultimate lap. By then it was too late and Millar went on to pick up his first Racewall final win from Wallace and Howie. Burgoyne then won the Grand National from Moodie and Rennie with Millar finishing in tenth place.

The saloon numbers were slightly lower than expected but they still served up some close and fast racing.
Raymond Dick led the cars away when heat one started but when he ended up perched upon the marker tyre the race was suspended. This left James Letford in the lead but he lost out to Ross Watters. There was a race suspension after Marc Honeyman and Barry Glen clashed but on the restart Waters opened up a gap before winning from Ian McLaughlin and Paul Honeyman. In heat two Dick was the initial leader and whilst Kevin then James Letford led for a few laps in the end it was James Strath who went on to win from Watters and J. Letford. Dick led the cars away when the final started with the Letford’s in second and third. Strath was next along with J. Letford going into the lead. During the closing stages McLaughlin caught up with the leading cars sending Strath into a spin. McLaughlin then closed in on J. Letford and taking the lead. However J. Letford managed to keep up with McLaughlin and harried him all the way to the finish line with little to separate the cars as they crossed the finish line with Watters in third place.

There was a good turn out of minis with Steven Burgoyne undefeated at the Racewall in three meetings.
The first race was the “Dash for the tyre” with Tamzin Gordon the first to show but there was shunt on the pit bend which handed the lead to Mika Millar. Millar eased away from the field whilst behind Burgoyne, Sean Naismith and Teri Linden were scraping but still making headway through the field. Somehow Burgoyne managed to make a break from this group and began to reel in Millar. However the laps dwindled and it was Millar who was the winner from Burgoyne and Luke McCallum. Burgoyne came out on top in heat two where he crossed the finish line clear of Naismith and Linden but long time leader Millar’s car appeared to suffer a misfire when clear of the pack.
Naismith then won the third heat although he only took the lead on the run up to the finish line when he sent the Burgoyne car offline and just managed to get there before Burgoyne corrected the car with Linden again third.

In the microf2s there was another big turn out of drivers with Kerr Paterson making his debut. The opening heat was suspended after a couple of cars spun but whilst Jamie Dawson was first home he was penalised for an indiscretion handing the win to Kara Russell from Leon Muir and Dawson. Lewis Clark Burgoyne then won heat two from Dawson and Ross McLaughlin. The third heat was suspended early on after a couple of cars spun and before long quite a few others had joined in. On the restart Todd Anderson led but he was to be caught during the closing stages by Clark Burgoyne who then went on to his second win of the night. Anderson held on to second place with McLaughlin third.

There was another good turn out of Rookie Bangers and they certainly entertained the fans.
Heat one saw Finlay Davidson go through to win from Mark Dalgarno and Stevie Allan. Dalgarno then went through to win heat two from Paul Murray and John Riddell. Murray was the first to show when the final started but next time around Davidson was ahead but had Sean McConnachie closing and when the leader spun McConnachie led. Dalgarno then caught and spun the leader before going through to win from McConnachie and Allan. There were a few hard shunts during the Destruction derby with Dalgarno sending a few cars out of the race. However when John Riddell hit his car head on, fire erupted from under the bonnet and he made a speedy exit from the car. The fire was quickly extinguished with John Riddell being declared as the winner.

BriSCA F2 Stock Cars

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 647 7 629 3 854 16 17 217 852 679
Heat 2 647 7 629 16 679 3 6852 852 192 17
Final 629 16 679 852 3 652 854 17 321 230
GN 647 7 3 16 854 652 852 679 17 629

National Saloons

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 670 684 507 25 85 229 73 640 0 0
Heat 2 25 670 73 684 507 607 38 229 640 301
Final 684 73 670 507 85 229 607 640 25 301


Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
DFT 621 674 687 601 623 604 100 622 600 629
Heat 2 674 100 623 650 600 622 687 621 604 629
Final 100 674 623 604 600 622 629 601 650 687

Micro F2s

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 818 5 165 828 17 607 854 50 187 253
Heat 2 647 165 828 50 5 253 484 818 17 854
Final 647 50 828 484 165 51 5 187 68 858

Rookie Bangers

Heat 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 282 271 456 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Heat 2 271 283 221 456 0 0 0 0 0 0
Final 271 180 456 229 221 0 0 0 0 0
DD 221 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0