News And Updates

Racewall COVID Disruption Update

13th July 2020

All at the Racewall hope our race fans, drivers and officials are keeping well and safe during this exceptional period. There remains no definitive date for the resumption of racing with all dates in August currently postponed subject to any change in Scottish Government guidance which would allow the resumption of racing with spectator support. 

We have received a number of enquiries regarding practice. It was, up until a little over a week ago, Scottish Government guidance that no persons should travel more than 5 miles for leisure purposes, and therefore no practice sessions were scheduled whilst that guidance was in place as very few would have been able to attend the stadium whilst adhering to that guidance. Whilst that restriction has been lifted, the running of such activities must be acceptable to the relevant local authorities and our insurers, this is especially important given the Racewall's status as a sports stadia. As soon as we have any updates on this position we shall post it. 

In the meantime we have been taking the opportunity to undertake some social-distant housekeeping tasks around the stadium to ensure that when we are in a position to resume activities all is in as good working order as possible. 

We also continue to play an active part in decision making with other senior promotions with regards the national Stock car season. To this end the ORCi have published news (see here) about the postponement of the 2020 Major titles in the Ministox and Stock Rod classes.  


Back to news