News And Updates
Return to Racing - Important Information
17th May 2021
We are pleased to confirm the return of racing. Whilst this is an important and exciting development we must also recognise that there remains a number of restrictions still in place and it is of critical importance that we all abide by these restrictions to ensure continued progress is made in reducing COVID19 infections in Scotland. We ask that all spectators and race teams review the information below prior to attending one of our events.
1) Admission to this event is available on the gate (note advanced tickets may be required for specific events in the future).
2) Upon entry to the stadium we strongly ask that all spectators scan the Check-In Scotland posters around the stadium via the Check-in Scotland app to register their attendance. This is an important part of the track and trace efforts and it is important that we all comply with this. Please download the Check-in Scotland app before arriving at the stadium.
3) Due to the requirement to segregate race team personnel from spectators at this time spectators will NOT have access to the pit area or the pit bend terracing. We apologise for this inconvenience but ask for your understanding that this restriction is a temporary adjustment we need to make to ensure the return of racing.
4) There is STRICTLY NO vehicular access into the stadium/pit area by anyone other than race officials and race team vehicle with a valid race booking – any previous arrangement for access is not available at this time.
5) Spectators must not gather in groups (without social distancing) other than with their household group. Outside of their household group spectators must maintain a social distance of 2 metres from each other. It is ALL SPECTATORS responsibility to comply with this – please act responsibly. Please follow the signage and marked areas within our spectator area
6) Ground markings are in place around the key thoroughfares of the stadium – please follow these by keeping to the left as you walk into our out of the stadium environment.
7) Please use the hand sanitising stations located in the stadium and remember to wash your hands regularly.
8) Face coverring MUST be worn in any indoor space (e.g. Toilets/Trackshop, Turnstile areas and in Queues (e.g. Catering).
9) ANY spectator exhibiting ANY of the symptoms of COVID19 MUST NOT ATTEND and take the appropriate action with regards isolating and testing.
10) A race programme for this opening event will be available to download online – printed result sheets will be available for those that like to write down the results. Our printed programme will return in the coming weeks.
Drivers & their Race Team Members
1) Advance booking is mandatory. Bookings close at 5pm on Friday 21st May. MicroF2 bookings via their established process. Stock Rod & Prostock Basics Bookings can be taken on their closed Facebook GMP Drivers Groups. Prostocks drivers must book by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info
a. Your name, race number and formula
b. Your contact telephone number (if we have it no need to share)
c. The number of people attending in your race team – this is a maximum of 6 persons including the driver. Children under 12 are not counted within this number.
2) On arrival at the track, the driver ONLY will need to report to the GMP Office to collect (and pay for where applicable) the entry wristbands for their team.
3) Due to capacity constraints the stadium is required to be segregated with race team personnel in one area and spectators in another. Therefore at this time only race team members will be permitted pit access and viewing for team members will be restricted to the pit bend terracing and a section of the West (old) Grandstand. (see orange area in image)
4) Note - If the team exceeds 6 persons aged 12 or over (including the driver) then entry for the additional persons will need to via the spectator turnstiles but please note those persons will NOT at present be able to gain access to the pit area.
5) All race team members are asked to scan the Check-In Scotland posters around the stadium via the Check-in Scotland app to register their attendance. This is an important part of the track and trace efforts and it is important that we all comply with this.
6) A reminder to please stay within your race team bubble and keep socially distant from other race teams. Please use the hand sanitising stations located in the stadium and remember to wash your hands regularly.
7) ANY team member exhibiting ANY of the symptoms of COVID19 MUST NOT ATTEND and take the appropriate action with regards isolating and testing.
8) Face coverings are required in all indoor areas eg Toilets/Track shop and in queues for catering etc.